Thursday, July 8, 2010

Subterranean

Subterranean is a glimpse of life beneath the surface. A cut away view of layers above and below an imaginary ground.


This is an original acrylic collage painting on 3/4 inch deep stretched canvas. Many layers of paint have been included in this creation along with altered paper (recycled, marbleized pages from National Geographic Magazine) and metallic silver ink details. It is 24 x 24 inches (60.96 x 60.96 cm) and has been finished with two coats of protective varnish. It is signed on the front; signed, dated and titled on the back.

subterranean collage

6 comments:

  1. Love this painting!! I've included it as the featured artwork in this Friday's EBSQ Friday Five. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could see these up close. I am sure that they are even more interesting in person. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is positively stunning! I found you on EBSQ & so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda-Thanks for the feature, you are awesome.

    Mary-Thank you also, they are much more luminescent in person. It is hard to get the metallic ink to translate in online images.

    Diane-Welcome to my studio, so happy Amanda could introduce us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and for your comment!

    This painting is so beautiful...very ethereal and soothing to look at. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Linda (Abbey Creek Art),
    your new work is inspiring as well.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails