Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Alter Your World

Many of my abstract works incorporate collage techniques including layering altered papers. “Altered papers”? You may ask-what are those? For me, most often I am referring to repurposing pages from magazines that have been marbleized to create new designs from their printed inks that I then glaze onto the surface of my art-specifically, pages from National Geographic. The specific ink used for the amazing periodical are clay based which when mixed with a generous amount of the all-natural, all-purpose cleaner Citra Solv dissolve and swirl creating remarkable abstract patterns.

Collage

From Below-
original acrylic collage painting
on heavyweight rag board,
11 x 11 inches (27.94 x 27.94 cm).


Caught in the Net-
original acrylic collage painting
on heavyweight rag board,
11 x 11 inches (27.94 x 27.94 cm).

2 comments:

  1. Wow, neat! The effect is so fluid and engrossing. I could stare at such a thing for hours and hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, that's so wild and cool--I never would have guessed! I love the way it looks, especially the little "bubbles."

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails